Going Long Podcast Episode 319: How to Build Your Own Micro-Empire
This 2nd 'SERIES HIGHLIGHT' episode features previous guest Jennifer Grimson, and is another classic episode from the Going Long Podcast vaults! Originally airing back in January 2021, you’ll learn the following from today's specially selected show:
- [00:28 - 03:00] Jennifer’s profile, in Billy’s guest introduction.
- [03:00 - 05:33] The backstory and decisions made that led Jennifer to this point in her journey.
- [05:33 - 08:05] Why people feel ashamed about financial mistakes and financial insecurity, and what exactly it is they are ashamed of.
- [08:05 - 11:09] Jennifer explains what she means by “manipulation” in terms of your personal finances.
- [11:09 - 14:31] Jennifer explains discovering the 401K and how it all worked out.
- [14:33 - 16:01] Jennifer shares how a lot of her investing is not just about making money but also giving her something tangible that she needs or wants, like travel opportunities.
- [16:01 - 18:28] How the experience of living overseas has affected and benefited Jennifer’s life today.
- [18:28 - 23:37] How previous sales experience has helped with Jennifer’s current interactions with investors.
- [23:37 - 29:30] The experience of leaving corporate work and working for other people to go it alone with her own ventures.
- [29:30 - 33:33] Jennifer explains all about her passion project, Micro Empires, and how it can add great value to you and your life goals.
- [33:33 - 37:12] The role humility has played in getting Jennifer to where she is today.
Here’s what Jennifer shared with us during today’s conversation:
- Where in the world Jennifer is based currently: Nashville, Tennessee
- Favourite European city: Porto, Portugal.
- The best thing to happen in the past 24hours: Went out for a lovely dinner last night, which is really appreciated after all the Covid restrictions!
- A mistake Jennifer would like you to learn from so you don’t have to pay full price for it: Never turn your financial wellbeing over to anybody else!
- Book Recommendation: The 4 Hour Work Week, by Tim Ferriss.
Be sure to reach out and connect with Jennifer Grimson by using the info below:
- Website: https://www.micro-empires.com
- Free ebook: How to Pivot and Thrive, available on the website!
- Social Media: Jennifer Grimson, and Micro Empires
To see the Video Version of today’s conversation just CLICK HERE.
How to leave a review for The Going Long Podcast: https://youtu.be/qfRqLVcf8UI
Start taking action TODAY so that you can gain more Education and Control over your financial life.
Be sure to connect with Billy! He’s made it easy for you to do…Just go to any of these sites: